Introduction to Volunteering at CYD
Centre for Youth and Development’s primary focus is on running its projects to help the local communities in Northern region of Malawi. However, the charity also runs a volunteer programme and welcomes volunteers from overseas.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-motivated, proactive people who are able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Realists, not idealists.
- From 20 years old with a minimum of one year’s post-qualification work experience.
The Volunteer Programme
- Not rigidly structured.
- Role dependent upon volunteers’ skills and interests.
- Volunteers assist with existing projects and support Government staff and do not take away jobs from the local Malawians.
- A minimum of four to eight weeks.
Want to Visit But Can’t Commit to Our Recommended Placement Duration?
- We welcome visitors too. It’s a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the work we do by spending time with our passionate staff and visiting the many varied projects we run. For more information, go to the Visit Us in Volunteer page.
- Nice offices where volunteers can work from
How To Apply
- Please read the Application Process page, and then complete the online Enquiry Form if you are interested in volunteering with Centre for Youth and Development.
Express Interest in Volunteering
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.