Centre for Youth and Development aims to be a place where world class people of diverse backgrounds work together to support and improve the lives of youths. We also need to keep youths safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of youths from abuse.
When you are applying for a role with us, please ensure that you provide us with details of your work experience and some detail around your responsibilities within each role.
All jobs close at midnight Central African Time on the date specified.
1. ICT PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title : ICT Project Administrator
Job Location : Mzuzu
Job Field : Administration
What we do
The Turing Trust supports education in sub-Saharan Africa by reusing computers and improving teacher training using ICT (Information & Communication Technology). We provide skills development in the UK while reducing waste and contributing to an environmentally friendly society. In Malawi we are working in partnership with Centre for Youth and Development (CYD) to achieve this. In the past three years this has enabled us to install computers in 40 schools across the Northern Region. CYD and the Turing Trust intend to build on this success and expand our work in the future.
We are looking for a dependable and responsible Administrative lead to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Arranging visits for our technical lead and working with them is a key aspect. No technical knowledge of computers is required but a willingness to learn a few very simple PC fixes would be of value. There will be on the job training available and development opportunities for the right candidate. Some travel in Mzuzu and in the Northern Region will be needed. The successful applicant will be required to track schools who pay regular maintenance fees and ensure that fees arrive on time. So being a reliable person with a persuasive manor who is committed to the task would be of benefit. The post is part-time, starting at 3 days a week, ideally 9-5 Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. This may increase further down the line in agreement with the successful candidate. You will be reporting to the UK Project Manager (based in Scotland) and a second line to CYD for onsite issues/day to day matters.
- Participate in meetings and deal with actions arising from calls/emails/meetings
- Organize and schedule appointments for technical lead
- Organize and schedule appointments for your own school visits (overnight travel may be required)
- Conduct appropriate training activities with Education professionals on our key goals such as gender equality in ICT classrooms
- Contact schools regarding late subscription fees and ensure fees are paid on time
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a contact group for school support
- Provide support for schools in way of ICT policies, procedures and training being ran
- Maintain contact lists
- Working with key stakeholders such as teachers, PTAs and Mother Groups to enhance educational opportunities for students
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Proven experience as an administrative or virtual assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting to the UK
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Qualified candidates can apply by downloading the application form below and return the completed application form by e-mail to email@example.com or hand deliver at CYD’s offices, located at Plot 304, Next to SOS Villages in Mzuzu on or before Tuesday 26th February 2019.
2. TEGA PROJECT COORDINATOR
Job Title : Project coordinator – TEGA
Job Location : Mzuzu
Job Field : Project Management
Centre for Youth and Development (CYD) is a local non-governmental organization with its headquarters in Mzuzu. CYD endeavors to promote holistic development of children, youth and women in Malawi through integrated health and social programs that expand access to education, health services and economic opportunity for them, their households and communities at large.
Centre for Youth and Development is Girl Effect’s partner in Malawi responsible for implementation of the Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA) initiative in Malawi. TEGA is a bespoke Girl Effect initiative which has been designed as a research methodology to conduct research with girls using a digital peer to peer approach. The TEGAs (local young women) are trained to be interviewers. Via a mobile device research surveys are disseminated to them, they interview respondents and capture the findings via video and audio content, which is delivered via the app. This data then gets uploaded to an online platform which can be accessed securely by the research team. The Malawi TEGA Network is currently present in three districts of Mzimba, Lilongwe and Zomba. CYD is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Project Coordinator who will lead implementation of TEGA. This position is based in Mzuzu with some travel to project districts.
What You’ll Do
The TEGA Project Coordinator will oversee the implementation of the TEGA methodology to collect data in targeted districts.
Your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative and logistics support during field work and data collection
- Organize and lead project meetings for the TEGA team
- Organize and facilitate Training of TEGA team (District officers, Field Officers and TEGAs)
- Supervise and monitor performance of TEGA Team and provide support, mentorship and coaching
- Ensure quality control and that TEGA recommended procedures are followed when recruiting research respondents and during field work
- Conduct on-going District and Community level project on-boarding and ensure that relevant stakeholders and permissions are sought before implementation
- Liaise with Girl Effect’s TEGA project manager to ensure that TEGAs get all the required support when collecting data from the field
- Adhere to Safeguarding policies and practice, reporting any concern in relation to the safeguarding of TEGAs which may be related with partners and respondents
- Participate in weekly TEGA wider team skype calls
- Prepare programme reports
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent project management experience.
- You should be politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- You should be able to demonstrate a high level of written and spoken English and Chichewa
- You must have excellent organizational and communication skills with good attention to detail and follow up on tasks
- You must be able to work on your own initiative when the circumstances arise.
- You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of Centre for Youth and Development.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Qualified candidates can apply by downloading the Job description and Application form below and return the completed application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at CYD’s offices, located at Plot 304, Next to SOS Villages in Mzuzu on or before Thursday 21st February 2019.